Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Now that I am finally on line with this blog, I just want to thank EVERYONE for their support and kind words on my photography.  Jeannie Dibble, a former wedding photographer, has been a good friend for quite some time now, saw talent, and was the prime focus on me where I am today.  I am still working hard on getting better and maybe I will actually fulfill my goal on submitting pictures to National Geographic and having them accepted.  It is a dream for the future, and we shall see what happens.  All I can do is give it my all.

Now, I am actually a professional photographer.  I have sold a number of photos and that is so encouraging.  Also, thanks to Elizabeth Vose, who introduced me to Sandy Snide, and she introduced me to Debby Stubbs, both professional wildlife photographers.  These women have been a bounty of encouragement, and I thank you both for what you have done so far.

I am still a fledgling in nature photography and I still have a long way to go in realizing my dreams.  Luckily, I have the rest of my life to do them.

To all that visit here, most of the photos are available for sale.  I will be adding many more.  If any strike your fancy, please don't hesitate to ask.  8 x 10s sell for a very affordable $20 each.

Thanks also, to all my encouraging friends that convinced me that my photos were worth showing, and thanks to Hawk Henries for signing me up on Birders are We, for everything else seemed to snowball at that point.

Cindy Brown Ahern, you have done a wonderful job on helping me identify birds and butterflies.  I thank you for everything that you have done, and am so happy that I was able to meet you and work with you at Tri-State Bird Rescue and Research in Newark, DE.

Also, thanks to Sallie Welte and Andrea Howey-Newcomb, who developed my potential as a wild bird rehabilitator.  That was my first step into the world of wild birds, and I plunged in head first.  The Athos I oil spill of 2004 really showed me what I was made for, as I worked that every day for ten weeks continuously, and the birds themselves really were the ones that taught me how to listen with my eyes to their needs.

Fifty percent of the proceeds of these sales will be donated to various birding organizations to help wildlife survival and the perpetuation continue for the work of nonprofit organizations geared to wild animals.

We will not know how things will play out at this time in my future as connected to wildlife.  When I make that trip to The Serengeti, I might even throw all caution to the wind and stay there to help wildlife in my own meager way.  I just cannot make that call at this juncture in my life.

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures.  May they bring a smile to your face, and entice you into the world of the wild.  Remember to keep the "wild" in wildlife!


4 comments:

  1. Now, All I need to do is figure out how to use this, and I think that will be half the game. Thanks, Billy, I am on my way on a new path, and where it leads, we shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from me too Deb and I am going to love this blog. Will share it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddy, it will be a good way to bring joy into the lives of others, and perhaps help animals with a small gift.

    ReplyDelete