Translate

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Riparian Forest of the Northern Reaches with Migratory Action


                                                                   Eastern Phoebe


                                                                     Green Heron


                                                                 Blue-headed Vireo


                                                                       Green Heron


                                                                      Yellow Warbler


                                                                         Great Egret


                                                                   Great Blue Heron


66-73 degrees F/0720-0940 hrs./partly cloudy/18 mph winds


The better part of these photos were from Saturday the 13th, some of them within the depths
of The Northern Reaches.  There, I saw a friend, the Green Heron perched in the tree, who made
a detour while enrollee elsewhere.  He stopped to say hello, and gave several poses.  The first
time that I saw that bird, I was trying to photograph a Red-winged Blackbird.  He landed right
beside me and croaked for attention.  I still have that picture, which I found last night from 2012.

I saw a number of things at The Reaches on Saturday.  Due to a recent storm a number of live limbs as well as dead ones peppered the area.  I was unable to get through to get to the water when I was forced to stop.  This was where I met that beautiful little Blue-headed Vireo.  It was but a fleeting
moment, but that was all that I needed for a capture.

I also met a little Orange-crowned Warbler.  It is rare that the crown in seen, like the red crown on
the Eastern Kingbird.


                                                              Orange-crowned Warbler

And, for the icing on the cake, here is a Wilson's Warbler that was coming through Oklahoma.
It was a brief visit, but it made me smile, as it was my first.


                                                                     Wilson's Warbler

Good things happen to come at the least expected times, and I must say that I had a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment