Translate

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Nature At Its Best at Boomer Lake and the Creek


                                                             Mallard and Ducklings


                                                                 Green Heron on Nest


                                                               Scissor-tailed Flycatcher


                                                                       Snail


                                                             Red-winged Blackbird


                                                       Another Mallard with Ducklings


                                                             Fungus in Dead Tree


                                                       Green Herons Switch Nest Sitting


                                                             Prothonotary Warbler


                                                                           Ditto


Week of 06-05-17

I don't want to jinx it, but it appears that our fearless Green Herons might have young this time.
Even though we have blowing willow leaves and branches in the way, I might have seen three little sleeping forms in the nest today, while the pair was off foraging for food.

There are also plenty of young Mallards on the water of both Boomer Lake and Boomer Creek, and naturally our Canada Geese have reared plenty of young, as well.

Now we are seeing young of nearly all shapes and sizes that belong to nearly all the area birds, and I will try to get photos of some samplings, as I am able to do so.  There were several young robins observed this morning.

Boomer Creek has been giving us beautiful things, mostly nature related, but I also finally managed a
couple of halfway decent shots of a Prothonotary Warbler.  Since the birds always seem to be in the same general area, I have also been looking for the nesting cavity.  I believe that I have found the tree, but I don't want to appear too interested, as it could make the pair fearful.  After all, I have had the good fortune to photograph one or both of them, so I cannot complain.

Here's to the week ahead!  

No comments:

Post a Comment