Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013


                                                        Great Blue Heron Preening


                                                 Not Sure What This Little Bugger Is


                                                           Spotted Sandpiper

   These photos were taken in the evening, with 15 mph winds, mostly cloudy, 88 degrees.  The humidity was high, and as I process these photos I am being serenaded by the sound of cicadas.  Great Blue Heron was perched on the ravages of Monday night's storms in the Southern Cove, which is filled very nearly to capacity.  Prior to seeing the heron, I watched fish jumping out of the water, grabbing bugs in the air.  All in all, it was a pleasant evening.  I stopped to talk with a gentleman that raises doves, and perhaps I can eventually get photos for you to peruse.  I hope that you are are safe and happy at home, listening to peaceful and sweet sounds, just like me, for nature is a precious commodity that we must all cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment